Orlando Sports Foundation Stakeholders,
Thank you for taking the time to review our State of the Foundation letter and impact statement. Your support of the Orlando Sports Foundation is the margin of excellence that has given OSF the opportunity to continue to impact our community at a high level for the past 15 years. We have had continuous growth of our OSF events and our signature event, the Cure Bowl, which has all led to consistent support of cancer research for 15 consecutive years.
Please see our Impact Statement graphic, and below for highlights of our efforts:
- We have expanded our Orlando Sports Foundation events to 14 total separate experiences for the community at large as well as high school athletes.
- We have increased our national and local membership to include 223 separate individual memberships and maintain on average 70 members per year.
- The Cure Bowl has welcomed 128,741 total fans to the game, attending from 29 states, as well as international visitors from the UK, Australia, and Canada.
- We have sold out 4 consecutive Kickoff Luncheons, and 7 consecutive Cure Cup golf tournaments.
- We have increased our Cure Bowl Survivor involvement through our March 2Cure.
- Our Community Giveback program has supported dozens of non-profits, distributing $17,764 to these organizations through the Cure Bowl and Race 2 Cure 5K. This program has also distributed over $515,000 in tickets for local veterans and cancer survivors to attend the Cure Bowl.
- We have generated $53.9M in economic impact for the Central Florida community.
- Our National Corporate Sponsorship has increased each year, including — AutoNation, Advent Health, Duluth Trading Company, FBC Mortgage, Owens Corning, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Delta, Beacon, ABC Supply, Universal, Loews, Tailgreeter, Withum, KPMG, FFVA Mutual, Insurance Office of America, SRS Distribution, JA Edwards of America, Kroger, Cintas, Dickinson Fleet Services, Cox Automotive, Ally Building Supply.
- The Cure Bowl brand is known nationwide and has also had consistent growth in 8 years.
- The Cure Bowl hosted representatives from all Group of 5 conferences, spanning 10 states.
- The Cure Bowl has hosted 4 Conference Champions, 6 top-25 ranked teams, 2 top-20 teams and 1 top-10 team.
- In their annual “Best Bowls to Watch” rankings, CBS Sports ranked the 2020 and 2021 Cure Bowls at #1, and the 2022 game at #2.
- The Cure Bowl’s TV platforms – CBS Sports Network, ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC – have provided an opportunity to grow the brand and promote it to over 10 million viewers.
- The Cure Bowl has been an innovator in college football, doing things that no other regular season or post season bowl game has ever done.
- First Bowl to be entirely devoted to cancer research support.
- First College Football Game to have an All-Female Radio Broadcast team.
- First American Football Game to be played in Orlando City Stadium
- First NCAA Football Game to Kick off the Game with Pink Laced Official Game Ball
As we move forward, our areas of focus for the coming years will shape how we grow our membership, our event and game attendance donations, giving and support of Dr. Annette Khaled’s research at the UCF College of Medicine. Our Board, Advisory Board, Staff and Stakeholders have made their annual commitments and are working to increase those as we move forward. Those commitments include:
- Continue our annual support of cancer research.
- Grow our Corporate partnerships – creating ways for those companies to promote their corporate responsibility and join us in our mission.
- Recruit Corporate partners to endow foundation positions thus increasing the percentage of funds raised and committed to research.
- Expand our social media following and our email subscriber database.
- Secure a Grant Writing professional advisory board member and increase our grant writing initiatives for OSF.
- Increase Attendance and support of all OSF events and the Cure Bowl, Advisory Board Marketing and March 2Cure Committees support plans.
To continue our strategic growth plan and make progress on the list of goals and investments, it will take formidable recruiting efforts by the OSF staff, and all of our OSF stakeholders. We want to thank our stakeholders that continue to support us each year and want to encourage all to recruit additional partners.
We boldly ask you to reflect on how you and your business might be able to help OSF move forward and increase our support of cancer research. As always, we encourage everyone to consult their tax advisor to explore ways to best manage your support of OSF.
We have so many opportunities and options to reach corporations, national and local companies, and individuals through our OSF events and the Cure Bowl.
Thank you for your support of the Orlando Sports Foundation, it means so much to so many people, those battling cancer and those that are supporting the battles.
With your support and the support of our local community, partners, and stakeholders, we can continue to strive towards our mission of bringing teams together to find a cure for cancer.
CEO Orlando Sports Foundation
Executive Director of Cure Bowl / ESPN Events